[Koha] Koha slowed down by Google indexing?!

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Thu May 4 02:45:04 NZST 2017

Hi Mark

>>   # ufw status
>>
>>   To                         Action      From
>>   --                         ------      ----
>>   22/tcp                     ALLOW       Anywhere
>>   80/tcp                     ALLOW       Anywhere
>>   8080/tcp                   ALLOW       Anywhere
>>   Anywhere                   DENY        66.249.64.32
>>
>> But however this is possible, still Googlebot is crawling and eating
>> CPU!
>
> I haven't used UFW, but I'm looking at the documentation here:
>
>   https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UFW
>
> and it seems that the order of the rules is important.  Quote:
>
>   Once a rule is matched the others will not be evaluated (see manual
>   below) so you must put the specific rules first. As rules change you
>   may need to delete old rules to ensure that new rules are put in the
>   proper order.
>
> and from the man page:
>
>   Rule ordering is important and the first match wins. Therefore when
>   adding rules, add the more specific rules first with more general
>   rules later.

Many thanks for the clarification! Yes, this makes sense.

So I would have to delete all rules and write them again in the correct
order? Very "uncomplicated" indeed ;-)

However, I now deletd the rule for 66.249.64.32 in UFW since the rule in
iptables succeeded (without giving any special order).

Best wishes & thanks again: Michael