[Koha] How to correct misspellings etc. in Koha?

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Fri Mar 31 22:04:42 NZDT 2017

Hi

1. Over the last years I have collected quite a lot of misspellings in
(the German translation of) Koha. What will I have to do to correct
these misspellings so that they are gone in the next version?

2. Also I have found some places where maybe some text could be added,
for example system preference "EnhancedMessagingPreferences" could need
an indication to the very useful script
"borrowers-force-messaging-defaults". Is it possible to add this myself
(where?) or will I have to talk to someone?

3. In the German translation i found that sometimes certain terms are
exchanged for each other. For example in English there is

* the Koha menu "Administration > Patron categories"
* there you can add patron categories
* these are part of a certain patron type

But in German

* the menu is called "Administration > Benutzertypen" (patron categories
in English)
* there you can add "Kategorien" (patron category in English
* these are part of a certain "Typ" (patron type in English)

So the terms are exchanged here which is confusing. Especially because
in the form where you can add a new patron category, the type is called
"Kategorie" and the category is ALSO called "category". So here it is
not just a misspelling but a mess. But probably a change has to be
discussed because these variations may not only (falsely) be used in the
Koha client but also in the manual. To whom will I have to talk about
such a problem?

Best wishes: Michael