[Koha] Search page don't always show results when it should

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Tue Mar 28 01:42:24 NZDT 2017

Hi Joël

> First of all I use Koha 16.0503000 on Debian.
>
> Everything works fine but I have one problem. If I do a search, I can
> see the results but sometime (randomly) when I click on a page number,
> Koha tells me that he has no results. If I refresh the same page (1 or 2
> time, depends) then the results are showed.
>
> How can I fix this ?

Sometimes I'm experiencing similar issues. I'm not sure but to me it
seems these are problems caused by the webbrowser and/or the webbrowser
cache and/or Plack. Usually they can be solved by clearing the
webbrowser's cache (e. g. in Mozilla Firefox the cache can be cleared by
pressing CTRL+F5).

If the problem persists I tend to restart Koha (including Plack) using
the following command:

$ sudo koha-common restart

However, these are just hints, no solutions. Since Koha works with
Webserver (Apache), Plack, Memcached, Webbrowser-Cache, Javascript... it
all has become a little intransparent to me... esepecially if more than
one person uses the same login from different machines etc.

 > I have two different Koha installations (prod and test) but it's the
 > same problem. I updated my test server to the latest koha version
 > available on apt (16.1105000) and then again, same problem.

Maybe it's the same problem because you're using the same webbrowser
when accessing productive and test installation?

Maybe this helps (a little)

Best wishes: Michael