[Koha] Regarding Installation of KOHA in window 1o

Sebastian Krieg sebastian.krieg at tuz-eisenach.de
Tue Mar 28 00:37:10 NZDT 2017

Hi,

Koha is designed for linux based operating systems but you can try to install the source (not the Live-DVD!) on win 10 using:
- XAMPP (https://www.apachefriends.org/xampp-files/5.6.30/xampp-win32-5.6.30-0-VC11-installer.exe)
- Perl for Windows (https://www.perl.org/get.html)
- Zebra Index Server (http://ftp.indexdata.dk/pub/zebra/win32/idzebra_2.0.57.exe)

But I think there're no manuals for this use case and I think the basic koha scripts are written for a POSIX-shell (sh, ksh, bash, etc.) and must be translate in Powershell/cmd.exe.

Finally I think, there is too much complexity to "translate" koha to windows.

Greetings

Sebastian