[Koha] Routing with a FQDN

Contact Orielstar contact at orielstar.com
Wed Mar 22 03:47:55 NZDT 2017

Hi Folks,

Are there any networking guru's out there than can help us with routing,
please? We have Koha installed in a school running a cyberoam (which is
basically a big router). We have a domain (.peterhouse.co.zw), and we
would like users on the WAN (Internet) to be able to access Koha from
home by using *koha.peterhouse.co.zw*, and not have to add a colon and a
port number. So how can we set this up so that instead of just mapping
the koha bit to an ip address, we map it to the ip address:81?

We have tried setting up a virtual host on the cyberoam, but it's not
working as it says port 80 (external) is already mapped. Well, all
requests from the internet are going to come on port 80, so the mail
server is mapped to this as well. So we've missed something very
fundamental.... if they type mail.peterhouse.co.zw then the request
should go to 10.10.10.5. If they type koha.peterhouse.co.zw then the
request should go to 10.10.10.6*:81*. I can't see any way on our
cyberoam to map an address to an ip/port, just to an ip only.

Any ideas you have would be most welcome. Even if you haven't got a
cyberoam, how have you all done external routing on your installations?

Thanks for your help, and regards,
--

Dave Jury

rielstar