[Koha] Koha 16.05 - Change MARC framework globally on batch of records?

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Mar 22 00:51:08 NZDT 2017

Hi Craig

Katrin wrote:

> it looks like the framework is stored in frameworkcode in the table
> biblio. It should be possible to change it with SQL as I think it
> doesn't get mapped to a MARC field at the moment.

Such an SQL statement would look like

UPDATE biblio SET frameworkcode="XX"

where XX is a frameworkcode that must exist in table "biblio_framework".
Since the above statement would change the framework of ALL records to
"XX" it may be necessary to use some WHERE clause like

UPDATE biblio SET frameworkcode="XX" WHERE biblionumber > 100000

or maybe

UPDATE biblio SET frameworkcode="XX" WHERE frameworkcode NOT IN ("XX", "FA")

Before applying such a change I would recommend to backup the database,
of course.

Best wishes: Michael