[Koha] Preserving circ history of deleted item

Ellen Kaye ellen.kaye at goddard.edu
Thu Mar 16 05:37:31 NZDT 2017

Hello,
When I replace an item with an identical item (with the same bib record),
how do I keep the circ. history for the work? (For example, if we want to
gauge our patrons' interest in "Pedagogy of the Oppressed," but have to
replace our battered copy, how do we preserve the circ. history?)

 If I delete the old item, will the circ. history disappear? If I withdraw
it, it shows in the catalog as "withdrawn," which we don't want. I know how
to suppress a record, but not on the item level only.

Thanks!

Ellen Kaye, MLIS   *ellen.kaye at goddard.edu <paula.tamburello at goddard.edu>*
Technical Services Coordinator
Eliot Pratt Library, Goddard College
123 Pitkin Road, Plainfield, VT  05667
802.322.1602 <%28802%29%20322-1607> or 802-454.8311  x216

Website​​:​ http://www.goddard.edu/lits  Catalog:
https://catalog.goddard.edu
Find Us On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/EliotDPrattLibrary