[Koha] Authorities linking problem

Andreas Roussos arouss1980 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 20:52:03 NZDT 2017

Dear List,

We are running koha 16.05.02 on Debian from packages with Unimarc flavor.

We usually create authorities by editing or creating biblio records. In
system preferences, we have set both "AutoCreateAuthorities" and
"BiblioAddsAuthorities" to "allow", while "CatalogModuleRelink",
"LinkerKeepStale" and "LinkerRelink" to "do not".

However, while editing a biblio record, if we enter a new authority (e.g.
Plato, 427-347 BC – Criticism and interpretation [a.n.: ?]) that resembles
an existing one (Plato, 427-347 BC [a.n.: 605]), koha links to the biblio
record the existing authority (via its [a.n.] authority number), instead of
creating a new one, and leaves the newly entered details in the biblio
record, but with the old authority number (e.g. Plato, 427-347 BC –
Criticism and interpretation [a.n.: 605]). To avoid this we are misspelling
the new authority and correcting it afterwards. This of course is very
confusing and time consuming.

Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Andreas Roussos
Systems Administrator
Holy Monastery of the Paraclete