[Koha] Publisher Authority Type

Krishna K krishna.moorthy94 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 17:40:09 NZDT 2017

Hi Koha community and Heather,

What is the best practice to use Authority Type for Publisher ?  We are
facing some challenges(we are using 16.05). Request further inputs from
this forum.

1. We want to use Authority type to have a list of all publisher details.
Authorized Value would not be good as we have hundreds of publishers. We
tried to use existing Authority Type CORPO NAME. For this, we created a few
authority records against CORPO NAME authority type and entered the name of
the publisher in 110a tag in the authority record. In the biblio framework,
against 260 b subfield supposed to be for publisher, we chose Other
Option-Thesaurus and chose CORPO NAME.  When we try to create a catalog as
per this framework and come to 260b - we are able to search the CORPO NAME
Authority records and choose the name of a publisher. As soon as we choose,
the publisher name appears against 260a!!! We dont know why this happens.
The authority type is mapped to 260 b but the selected authority name goes
to 260a meant for Place of Publish. Has anyone faced this issue ? What
should we do to ensure the selected entry appears against 260b ?

2.  Heather Hernandez had suggested(thank you Heather) we use 710 to use
the CORPO Name authority for Publisher. In practically every Koha library
MARC record I have accessed, the publisher info is in 260b. If this was
transcribed data, Heather, wouldnt the 710 contain the publisher data ? I
wasnt able to find it in 710 in any of the libraries. And today I came to
know that 700, 710 and 711 are mapped to Author for search purposes.

--
Regards,
Krishna