[Koha] Fwd: Unable to reindex after massive upgrade

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 05:55:11 NZST 2017

Tim, the authorised_values_branches table is not related.

The problem is that there are fields in your record(s) that are expected to
contain a branchcode. And they don't. That's why Koha::Libraries->find() is
returning an undefined value (undef in Perl).

When you removed the FK constraint, you did hide the basic problem of
inconsistency.

I suggest that you find your only library's branchcode and make sure your
items all have homebranch and holdingbranch set to that. Then reindex. You
should do it like this:

# Enter to mysql
$ sudo koha-mysql lib
> UPDATE items SET homebranch='LIB', holdingbranch='LIB';
> \q
$ sudo koha-rebuild-zebra -f -a -b -v lib

Note: replace 'lib' for your instance name, and 'LIB' for your library's
branchcode.

Regards.

El mar., 27 jun. 2017 a las 13:59, Tim Young (<Tim.Young at lightsys.org>)
escribió:

> Awesome.  Thanks.  I may be able to figure it out (I am pretty good at
> poking and prodding, and finally figuring it out).  I believe we only
> have one branch, so I should be able to simply replace everything in the
> sql to match the correct branch... (Yikes! Branchcode is used all over
> the place!)
>
> BUT, I am a sysadmin, not a Koha admin.  This looks like it might be
> easier to fix through the web interface... So excuse the dumb questions.
> :)
>
> That particular error seems to stem from something be authorized by
> branches.  My "authorised_values_branches" table is empty. Should I set
> up an authorized branch or something somewhere?
>
> We do have a branch configured (I can see it in the branches table)...
>
> The code seems to be looking at Koha::Libraries->find($value)->branchname;
>
> and (I have "value" being undefined, or defined improperly.  But I do
> not see a libraries table...)
>
> But, at the same time:
> $tagslib->{$tag}->{$subfield}->{'authorised_value'} eq "branches".  So I
> somewhere seem to be saying to authorize by branch, and I do not have
> any authorized branches (or the authorised_values_branches is empty)...
>
> Is there a simple web area I should check out before I jump into the
> mysql and make changes that might not be supported?
>
>      - Tim
>

> On 6/27/2017 9:26 AM, Tomas Cohen Arazi wrote:
> > You need to fix your data, so fields linked to branch codes actually
> > contain valid branchcodes. The band aid will work, but I think you
> > need to fix your data for good.
> >
> > Koha got stricter regarding the data quality/completeness. This
> > particular case could be saved by some tweak like the one you propose.
> > It is maybe worth filling a bug, because the previous behaviour worked
> > more gracefuly.

Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (https://theke.io <http://theke.io/>)
✆ +54 9351 3513384