[Koha] Status lost for items

Søren Hovmand sqho at dtu.dk
Fri Jun 23 02:03:15 NZST 2017

Hello Koha Community,

A short introduction from me as a newcomer to the community: At DTU Library, Technical University of Denmark, we are migrating from Aleph to Koha. Some 300.000 bib records and corresponding items. Patrons will not be migrated from Aleph but from our local user/patron database, used at present both for sync to Aleph and for general login to our DI/integrated search. Our discovery interface (DTU Findit - Solr/Blacklight) will be the frontend for all Koha transactions. At the moment we are working on getting the integration between Koha and the discovery interface done. For most part based on ILS-DI.

For getting the bibliographic records into the data store of our Discovery interface we will rely on OAI harvesting from Koha although we do experience some serious and worrying performance issues in that area at the moment.

The project started autumn 2016 and time line is to go live September this year.

I have worked as a system librarian for 25 years  - mostly databases, discovery interfaces, project management etc. But never with books or printed material as such - luckily I have colleagues who can help.

To my question - apologies if it should be obvious: Where do I mark an item lost? I can find documentation on where it should be (Item Statuses/Edit item) but not find the option anywhere in our test installation (version 16.05.05.000)

I look forward to working with Koha and with you all. And hope that once we have implemented Koha in production and get more hands on experience, I will be able to contribute to the community

Best

Søren Hovmand

Senior Officer

DTU Library