[Koha] 008 form of material will only ever say Books

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Wed Jun 7 07:12:33 NZST 2017

Please tak a look at biblio 75117  - http://catalogue.efdss.org/
It's a sound recording, but it insists that it is a book. The 007 is set
for sound recording, but the material type in the 008 always says Books.  I
have tried at least a dozen times (and two different browsers) and I can
not change it to say sound recording.  Every time I edit the 008 it changes
back to book.  If I edit other parts of the 008, those changes stick, but
not the type of material.  I downloaded the record, edited it off line and
uploaded it again, and the 008 *still *reverted to book.

I know the Fixed field pop up editors have compatibility problems with
adblock and such, so I've used Firefox without add-ons or extensions, and
also a plain version of Chrome. We're currently running 16.11.08

I am checking with the cataloguers to see if they have seen this elsewhere,
or if it's just one rogue record. They're about to start in on a large
collection of recordings so I hope to solve this soon.

Any ideas?  Anyone else seen this sort of thing?

Thanks

--
Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler