[Koha] Request for Information - reg...

Paramasivam J jparamasivam at ymail.com
Fri Jun 2 22:05:58 NZST 2017

Dear Sir,

Thanking you for your information.
1. What is  Front End & Back End of Koha ?
For Installation of Koha(Latest Version)

Koha : Latest VersionOperating System : Linux - Debian VersionWeb Server : Apache Web ServerDatabase : Mysql databaseLanguage : Perl
2. What is special features of KOHA ? When it is compared to VIRTUA ?

We are facing Bugs in the Koha software.

Please suggest me sir
J ParamasivamTIC, CABS, DRDO, Bangalore - 560 037

    On Tuesday, 30 May 2017 12:25 PM, Chris Cormack <chrisc at catalyst.net.nz> wrote:

On 30 May 2017 5:22:09 PM NZST, Paramasivam J <jparamasivam at ymail.com> wrote:
>Dear Sir,
>
>Thanking you for your information. Can I download  latest version of
>Koha 17.05.00

When it is released yes you can

>1.  As per your website the following version is released
>
>  -  Koha 16.05.13 release Wednesday May 24th, 2017.

https://koha-community.org/koha-16-11-08-release/

Higher number means more recent version

>2.  May I know How many  type of versions of Koha (Series)
>     You have mentioned 16.11.08,      but I have downloaded 16.05.13
>was released  on 24nd May 2017
>
>       https://koha-community.org/

Yes 16.11.08 was released before that it is still the latest release. 16.11.08 is the 8th maintenance release of the 16.11 series, first released in November 2016.
16.05 obviously in May 2016 and 17.05 will be released this month, May 2017.

>3.   So these bugs can not  be rectified or not  which are available
>3.20.03

You could edit the code by hand to change it. But you will still be running an old unsupported version. It is best to upgrade.

>4.   Who is the authorised dealer in Bangalore , India. for
>Installation of Koha with latest version.

No such thing as an authorised dealer for Koha exists. Anyone who claims that is probably someone to avoid.

There are numerous companies that support Koha but the project does not authorise any. You should check for one that interacts in the community. Fixes bugs, participates on the mailing list etc.
For Bangalore I would suggest Informatics as they are participating members of the community

Hope this helps
Chris