[Koha] Library Summary / Stats - Report Page - Help

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 22:11:39 NZST 2017

It should be quite easy to implement as a Koha plugin, since one of the
modes it a Koha plugin works is as a report

-idg
On Jun 1, 2017 3:36 PM, "SATISH" <lis4satish at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Indranil,
>
> I am looking for this option, in Staff Client under "Reports" or wherever
> it is relevant.
> Specifically, it is required by Library staff /  administrators and should
> not be visible by patrons.
>
> -Satish
>
> On 1 June 2017 at 14:02, Indranil Das Gupta <indradg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Satish,
>>
>> From your email it is not clear *where* you want it - (a) OPAC or (b)
>> staff client
>>
>> Regards
>> idg
>> On Jun 1, 2017 1:28 PM, "SATISH" <lis4satish at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> I have a suggestion or expectation in koha regarding library summary.
>>>
>>> a default page dedicated to "library summary" which is in-built in koha
>>> (may be inside reports) and  gives:
>>>
>>> 1. No.of Non Repetitive Titles (which means records) : 0000
>>> 2. No. of books (items): 0000
>>> 3. No. of books issued / checked out (as on date): 0000
>>> 4. No. of Active Patrons Cards: 0000
>>> 5. No. of De-activated/ Expired Patrons Cards: 0000
>>> 6. Total Expenditure on Books: 0000 (in respective currencies)
>>>
>>> "Example:  http://eprints.iisc.ernet.in/  | Number of publications in
>>> the
>>> repository: 44108"
>>>
>>> Instead of running separate sql queries which are commonly needed,
>>> repetitive in requirements as a "*ready reference*", could be displayed
>>> in
>>> a single summary page or "about library", and this should not be created
>>> manually, and could be generated from the script itself.   This also
>>> helps
>>> during library inspection committee visits, auditing takes place,
>>> whenever
>>> reporting is required for the stake holders, etc..
>>>
>>> If this facility is already available, kindly let me know, how to achieve
>>> this.
>>>
>>> Otherwise, kindly consider this as a suggestion.
>>>
>>> With thanks
>>> Satish MV
>>> Librarain
>>> Govt. Engineering College, Hassan.