[Koha] Wiping all partial or full Koha isntallation(s) and installing stable under Mint

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Thu Jul 27 01:48:26 NZST 2017

Hi

> I don't know the username for logging into the administrative interface, so
> I looked to see what I could find in the database was empty.

You will find the password of the administrative user as follows:

$ INSTANZ="yourinstance"
$ sudo xmlstarlet sel -t -v 'yazgfs/config/pass'
/etc/koha/sites/$INSTANZ/koha-conf.xml && echo

The result will be some string like

e1ePP6qq5g7u40Ex

> Thinking that
> I must have munged something, I tried to create a new instance with another
> name. The new instance's database was also empty:
>
> toolchest monk # koha-create --create-db monasterylibrary
> Koha instance is empty, no staff user created.
> Starting Zebra server for monasterylibrary
>   * Starting Koha indexing daemon for monasterylibrary          [ OK ]
>
> toolchest monk # mysql -uroot -p
> MariaDB [(none)]> use koha_monasterylibrary;
> Database changed
> MariaDB [koha_monasterylibrary]> show tables;
> Empty set (0.00 sec)
>

> Is this intended?

Yes, the database will only be populated after you have gone through the
steps of the webinstaller.

Best wishes: Michael