[Koha] Installing Koha on LInux Mint VERSION="18.1 (Serena)"

Daniel F. Twum kudjo at mobilelinux.net
Sun Feb 26 04:09:45 NZDT 2017

 Hi Zeno,

The suggested sequence worked so now I am no longer encountering the error.

I have been been using Linux Mint for quite awhile now so feel very comfortable attempting the install on it.

My next challenge once the install works is to try it on Centos 7.

Will let you know how this adventure goes.

regards,
--Daniel

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 15:49:06 +0100, Tajoli Zeno  wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Il 25/02/2017 15:32, Daniel F. Twum  ha scritto:
>My first attempt at installing Koha on Linux Mint has encountered the
following issues:

> myusbpc at myusbpc-XPS-8700 ~/Downloads/koha-16.11.00 $ sudo apt-get install koha-common
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Unable to locate package koha-common
>
> I am following the instructions https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages
> Here is the history of what I did:
>   513  echo deb http://debian.koha-community.org/koha stable main | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list
>   514  ll /etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list
>   515  cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list
>   516  wget -O- http://debian.koha-community.org/koha/gpg.asc | sudo apt-key add -
>   517  sudo apt-get install koha-common

the problem is that after 516
 >516  wget -O- http://debian.koha-community.org/koha/gpg.asc | sudo
apt-key add -

you try to install koha-common
 >   517  sudo apt-get install koha-common

The correct sequence is:
wget -O- http://debian.koha-community.org/koha/gpg.asc | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install koha-common

I suggest you to read all web page
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages before to
continue

Remeber that your version of Linux Mint uses MySQL 5.7 so check this
paragraph:

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages#Ubuntu_16.04_and_MySQL_5.7

Generaly speaking use Linux Mint only if you know it very well.
Koha is tested on Debian and Ubuntu, we probaly have very little
experience on Linux Mint.

Bye
Zeno Tajoli

--
Zeno Tajoli
/SVILUPPO PRODOTTI CINECA/ - Automazione Biblioteche