[Koha] Customizing self service to display title

Krishna K krishna.moorthy94 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 15:00:24 NZDT 2017

Hi,

We are trying to show a confirmation pop up where the bar code and title
shows up with  cancel and proceed buttons. In our school the self checkout
is used by even young children. This confirmation pop up will prevent
errors during the checkout process if wrong bar code numbers are entered.

We gave done a confirmation pop up with bar code alone. The challenge is to
show the title also. How to do this ?

On Tue 31 Jan, 2017, 9:52 PM Jonathan Druart, <
jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org> wrote:

> Hello Krishna,
>
> When you checkout an item via the self-checkout module of Koha, the checked
> out items appear in a table.
> In this table you can see the title of the different items.
> Why would you want to open a pop-up?
> Could you please detail the need?
>
> Regards,
> Jonathan
>
> On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 at 16:28 Krishna K <krishna.moorthy94 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > In the Self Service section of koha the standard procedure is to scan the
> > barcode of the item in order for the item to be issued. We would like to
> > customize it such that when the user scans the barcode of the item to be
> > issued, a popup appears showing the title of the book. We would like to
> > call the koha perl script within koha like opac-detail.pl to get the
> > tittle
> > by passing the barcode as an input.
> >
> > Has anyone done something similar before ? Any help on how to do this
> will
> > be most welcome.
> > --
> > Regards,