[Koha] Hosting options for Koha installation

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 1 06:14:16 NZDT 2017

Greetings,

> ... install Koha for
> ... a small association... we
> have no ... IT team.

good back story.

> After some research I found providers offering "root servers" or "managed
> servers"
> which are a little costly (about € 30,- a month).

Well, I'll pipe in another voice for Digital Ocean.
We host on the $20/month server and we're starting to bloat. I think we'll
be
bouncing up to $40/month for the extra ram (we're operating like a
consortium).
From what you say, I'd recommend starting with the $10/month.

> - Are there any recommended hosting companies and products?
> It would be best if they were in Austria or Germany but also abroad ist
> ok.

Digital Ocean has Frankfurt servers. I recently had the pleasure of our
backup
system failing, and needing to migrate our backup processes. We chose
Frankfurt, because Digital Ocean let's you attach Block Storage. This would
also be handy if you plan on hosting a lot of PDF's, etc. for your 856$u