[Koha] Koha 17.11 - koha-mysql command - Error: Unknown Variable

Craig Butosi cbutosi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 06:20:06 NZDT 2017

Hi all,

Koha 17.11 on Ubuntu 16.04

This is probably more of a MariaDB question, but I thought I'd ask anyway
since it's Koha-related too. I tried to run the $ koha-mysql [instance
name] Debian command and the following error was thrown:

"mysql: unknown variable 'init-file=/var/lib/mysql/init-file_library2.sql'

I locating the file and I found it in the directory as shown. But I do not
know how to get past this error. I'm having trouble diagnosing. The init
file pathway is defined under the [mysql] section of
/etc/mysql/conf.d/mycnf.sql

Any SQL/MARIADB gurus out there who can assist?

Many thanks,

Craig Butosi, MA, MLIS, B Mus (Hons)
Library: library.craigbutosi.ca