[Koha] Koha 17.11 - Koha Coverflow Broken + Fix

Craig Butosi cbutosi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 07:15:16 NZDT 2017

Hi everyone,

Just passing along something I stumbled upon in case many of you are
running 17.11 with the Koha coverflow:

Problem: after upgrading to 17.11, the coverflow images no longer display.
The source of the problem is in the coverflow.pl file (mine resides here:
/var/lib/koha/library2/plugins/Koha/Plugin/Com/ByWaterSolutions/CoverFlow).

Fix: https://github.com/bywatersolutions/koha-plugin-coverflow/issues/12

I created a new coverflow.pl file (renaming the old one coverflowORIG.pl),
and then adjusted the permissions on that file to 755. After applying the
fix to the new file, the coverflow loads and is up and running.

All best,

Craig Butosi, MA, MLIS, B Mus (Hons)
Library: library.craigbutosi.ca