[Koha] OPAC Search Error in KOHA 1711.0001

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Wed Dec 27 08:42:18 NZDT 2017

Hello,

Yes, it's a bug and a configuration issue.
It means you have item types that are used in your catalogue but not
defined in Koha.

There was a discussion on koha-devel in July:
http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2017-July/043841.html

To know the item types that are not defined in Koha, you can execute the
following query:
If item-level_itypes is "specific item"
   select distinct(itype) from items left join itemtypes on itype=itemtype
where itemtype is null;
If item-level_itypes is "biblio record"
  select distinct(bi.itemtype) from biblioitems bi left join itemtypes it
on bi.itemtype=it.itemtype where bi.itemtype is null;

It is a bug in the sense that Koha should not crash brutally in that case.
We should at least display a warning on the about page.

Regards,
Jonathan