[Koha] Allowing patrons to set their passwords during self-registration

Arturo Longoria Arturo.Longoria at sll.texas.gov
Wed Dec 20 07:12:25 NZDT 2017

No solution yet. I have a suspicion that the problem I'm seeing is because our library has the  PatronSelfRegistrationVerifyByEmail set to "Require" rather than "Don't require."

I set up sandbox 6 from BibLibre to test this theory out with master, and if I set the preference to "Don't require," it will allow me to set my own password during self-registration without issue after I configure it to require a password during self-registration. The account is created successfully and with the password I indicated.

I then wanted to test it out with "Require," but I'm experiencing an issue with the sandbox not sending out any e-mails. I've added an e-mail address to the KohaAdminEmailAddress per the instructions in the wiki, but no luck -- e-mails are not being sent at all, so I'm not able to test whether it will allow me to keep the password I entered in the form once I verify my e-mail.

Other than entering a valid e-mail in KohaAdminEmailAddress, is there anything else I would need to do in the sandbox to have Koha send e-mails? I'd like to make sure this is a bug before entering it to Bugzilla.

Arturo