[Koha] Configuring smtp mail server to work with Koha

Javed Sahil sahil.ke.paas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 00:26:21 NZDT 2017

Hi Pedro,

  I am facing a problem with koha notifications similar to that you had
been facing in the past, your message details at the end of this email.

When I use following commands.

1.    koha-shell library
2.    export PERL5LIB="/usr/share/koha/lib"
3.    export KOHA_CONF="/etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml"
4.    cd /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs

above all go fine, but when i use following command:

5.    ./process_message_queue.pl

this error message appears:

connect to localhost failed (Connection refused)
connect to localhost failed
connect to localhost failed (Connection refused) no (more) retries!
 at ./process_message_queue.pl line 66.

Then in patron accounts, email status changes to "failed".

Help Plz.

Below is your problem detail.

Hello,

I have solved the problem:
Sendmail.pm needs to have smtp => 'localhost' and port => 25 and the e-mail
notifications are now working.

Thank you,

Pedro Amorim

--
Regards,

Javed Shoukat

Management Trainee Officer (MTO)
Lahore University of
Management Sciences (LUMS),
Lahore.

Contact #: +92 300 6548748 <+92%20300%206548748>
Email: javedshoukat900 at gmail.com