[Koha] Please help this newbie :)

Johan Seyfferdt johan at spbcu.ru
Tue Dec 5 21:13:09 NZDT 2017

Hello Katrin

Thank you so much for your response.

None of our records works including German and English.

I specified unimarc only in the web-installer.   I honestly do not know
where to specify unimarc in the creation of the instance.

Here is all the installation commands I used until the web installer point
(in debian 8):

su

wget -q -O- http://debian.koha-community.org/koha/gpg.asc | apt-key add -

echo 'deb http://debian.koha-community.org/koha stable main' | tee
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list

apt-get update

echo 'deb http://debian.koha-community.org/koha 17.05 main' | tee
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list

apt-get update

apt-get install koha-common mysql-server apache2

Configure Apache

a2enmod rewrite
a2enmod cgi

Configure apache

nano /etc/apache2/ports.conf and add
Listen 8080
Listen 8081

/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

create library
koha-create --create-db libraryname

Retrieve the admin username and password

nano /etc/koha/sites/libraryname/koha-conf.xml

<config>
  <db_scheme>mysql</db_scheme>

<user>[system generated]</user>
<pass>[Some password generated by the system]</pass>

nano /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/namelibrary.conf

# OPAC
<VirtualHost *:8080>
# Intranet
<VirtualHost *:8081>