[Koha] Create log4pearl.conf for old Koha instance?

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Aug 30 02:31:01 NZST 2017

Hi Lisandro

> I am getting the following message in the about page:
> "You are missing the <log4perl_conf> entry in your koha-conf.xml file.
> Please add it, pointing to the log4perl.conf file for your Koha
> instance."
>
> After a Google search I looked for the log4perl.conf file on my
> server... but I can't find it. Do I have to create it in any way?
> If not, Ijust need to add the following line in my
> /etc/koha/sites/INSTANCE/koha-conf.xml ?
>   <log4perl_conf>/etc/koha/log4perl.conf</log4perl_conf>
>
> Thank you in advance...

In my demo installation (instance "sandkasten") I found the file
"/etc/koha/sites/sandkasten/log4perl.conf" with the following content.
Of course you will have to replace "sandkasten" with the name of your
own instance.

log4perl.logger.intranet = WARN, INTRANET
log4perl.appender.INTRANET=Log::Log4perl::Appender::File
log4perl.appender.INTRANET.filename=/var/log/koha/sandkasten/intranet-error.log
log4perl.appender.INTRANET.mode=append
log4perl.appender.INTRANET.layout=PatternLayout
log4perl.appender.INTRANET.layout.ConversionPattern=[%d] [%p] %m %l %n

log4perl.logger.opac = WARN, OPAC
log4perl.appender.OPAC=Log::Log4perl::Appender::File
log4perl.appender.OPAC.filename=/var/log/koha/sandkasten/opac-error.log
log4perl.appender.OPAC.mode=append
log4perl.appender.OPAC.layout=PatternLayout
log4perl.appender.OPAC.layout.ConversionPattern=[%d] [%p] %m %l %n

The permissions are as follows:

# ls -al  /etc/koha/sites/sandkasten/log4perl.conf
-rw-r----- 1 root sandkasten-koha 643 Nov 30  2016
/etc/koha/sites/sandkasten/log4perl.conf

I never heard about this file before so I'm quite sure it is usually
automatically created during the creation of the instance.

However, my file "/etc/koha/sites/sandkasten/koha-conf.xml" does contain
the following line which I never had to insert or change manually:

<log4perl_conf>/etc/koha/sites/sandkasten/log4perl.conf</log4perl_conf>

Hope this helps.

Best wishes: Michael