[Koha] Spam from BestBookBuddies (OpenLX)

Nathan Curulla nate at bywatersolutions.com
Thu Aug 10 00:58:24 NZST 2017

Greetings all,

I personally agree that work needs to be done on this list. Maybe we should change the listing to “contributing support companies” or something like that. If you want to get listed in the Koha Yellow Pages, pony up some time on bug testing, dev submittals etc.. Invest in the community and you can put your company on the community site. We can even put up a disclaimer stating that there are many more companies out there, these are just the ones that give back in a significant way… This will encourage participation and reward those who already participate (which includes the vast majority of those already on the list).

In my humble opinion, giving Koha services away for free in order to get a foot in the door to sell your primary offering (such as books) does not count as a contribution to the community. In fact, if the system is not properly supported because it is used as a peripheral marketing technique, it could end up hurting the community, as poor support translates into poor software in the eyes of the users. Not saying this is the case here, just some hypothetical contemplation :)