[Koha] Retirement Village Library

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Fri Aug 4 17:14:26 NZST 2017

Hi Eleanor,
Koha will meet your requirements plus some. There are Koha users with
quite small collections.

Koha will scale from very small to the largest collections. Underneath
the hood is a powerful engine offering far more than you need, but doing
no harm if under utilised.

The main consideration is keeping the application up to date and secure.
Don't think that because Koha is free it looks after itself.

Are you involved for the long term? Any library system runs better if
there is a librarian involved the decision making.

In your circumstances (my opinion here) you should only consider a
hosted solution, rather than seeking to install Koha inhouse. So the key
for you will be finding a hosting and support package that is suitable
to your needs and budget. Some providers are listed on the website:
https://koha-community.org/support/paid-support/

I hope this helps.
Bob Birchall
Calyx