[Koha] [Important] Update your MySQL|MariaDB configuration to avoid data loss

Bortel, Gary gary.bortel at sos.wa.gov
Wed Aug 2 08:01:44 NZST 2017

For a multi-tenant installation with multiple MySQL databases...

"The Solution" (https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix) recommends adding "init-file=/var/lib/mysql/init-file_kohadev.sql" in the my.cnf MySQL configuration file, then creating the appropriately configured "init-file_kohadev.sql" file. Where there are multiple Koha databases, should one add multiple "init-file=..." statements to my.cnf as well as multiple init-file_kohadev.sql files? Or will MySQL only accept one init-file directive in which case the .sql file would include multiple blocks of code...one for each database?

gcb