[Koha] How to change de OPAC LOGO

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Thu Apr 27 00:15:07 NZST 2017

Hi Marc

> The files I use in the example are NOT part of a Koha installation, they
> are served by our web server www.koha-support.ch
>
> So they won't be overwritten with the next Koha update.

Yes, I saw that, but of course a given library cannot use your files but
will have to use their own logo files - and thus they will be
overwritten (except if you host your picture files outside of the Koha
installation or even on another host).

That's why I replaced your files in the Koha Community wiki
(https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/HTML_%26_CSS_Library#Change_logo_and_background_color_of_masthead)
like this:

#logo {
   background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)
   url("http://yourdomain.xx/yourlogo-67-20.jpg") no-repeat scroll 0 center;
  }

@media only screen and (max-width: 700px) {
   #logo{
     background: transparent
     url("http://yourdomain.xx/yourlogo-14-14.jpg");
   }
}

> IMO it is not the best idea to manipulate files inside a Koha
> installation, anyway.

I absolutely agree, it's not the best idea. But it's one possibility how
to do it.

Best wishes: Michael