[Koha] Migrating old serials data from excel to Koha 16.11

Krishna K krishna.moorthy94 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 16:28:44 NZST 2017

Hi all,

We recently migrated "Books" from home grown s/w via excel to Koha. Now we
want to try the same for serials(periodicals). Would appreciate any inputs
from the Koha community towards the same.

We have 3 types of serials

   1. Serials for which our subscription is active and we are currently
   receiving issues at fixed frequency - here we are interested in tracking
   missing issues and all the features available in Serials module of Koha
   2. Same as above - but we have older issues dated even 5 years back -
   here we are not interested in tracking missing issues etc, but we want them
   to be in catalog
   3. Serials which we dont subscribe to any more but want to catalog older
   issues

Would the migration approach be different for these 3 scenarios ? How do we
go about it ?
--
Regards,
Krishna