[Koha] How to show description of authorized value in facet? SOLVED

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Fri Apr 7 19:19:27 NZST 2017

Hi Marc

> Thanks for sharing your findings about resolving an authorised value
> while using MARC field 385 $a  (Audience term) as a facet.
>
> As you write, such code changes will have to be maintained with every
> update. Since there are monthly releases, including bug fixes and
> sometimes security fixes, maintaining such code can be a bit cumbersome.

Yes indeed - and there may be many other adaptions in other files,
depending on the needs of the library. In fact I think therefore many
libraries do not really install the monthly updates - sometimes they
even contain new bugs (so oldstable is preferred to stable), also it is
most of the time very unclear if the publicly undocumented "security
fixes" are relevant for the actual environment.

Reading this list I often see some libraries which are years back with
their versions for which of course no monthly updates exist at all.

> IMO it would be a good idea to open a Bug (enhancement) in
> https://bugs.koha-community.org
>
> That would be a good starting point to have a more generic solution
> inside the Koha code base.

Feel free to open such a bug report if you see a chance to get it into
the code.

Best wishes: Michael