[Koha] Koha Server going down occasionally

Radek Šiman radek.siman at centrum.cz
Mon Sep 5 10:29:09 NZST 2016

Hi,

I encountered the same problem few weeks ago. The server went down
repeatedly at 7:37 or so (as yours). This lead me to a problem with
scheduling of processes. After some inspection I realized that the
problem is caused by anacron. Do you use it, right? Try to replace it
with traditional cron. After I made this change we run smoothly and
plack is happy all the time.

1) open /etc/cron.d/anacron and add a # to turn off the line starting
with 30 7 * * *  ....anacron...
2) mv /usr/sbin/anacron /usr/sbin/anacron-temporarily-renamed

Finally, system will simply call all the processes specified in
/etc/crontab using run-parts, because "test -x /usr/sbin/anacron" will
never find /usr/sbin/anacron. Problem solved.

Radek Šiman