[Koha] Holds and emails question

Barton Chittenden barton at bywatersolutions.com
Sun Oct 23 05:53:09 NZDT 2016

Grahm,

This is an interesting question, and I'll be interested in seeing other
library's answers to this... I suspect that it depends a great deal on the
size of the library.

One way around this would be to create a report showing a list of waiting
holds, ordered by itemcallnumber, author and title

SELECT
    itemcallnumber,
    author,
    title,
    barcode
FROM
    reserves
    inner join bibio using (biblionumber)
    inner join items using (itemnumber)
WHERE
    reserves.found = 'W'
    and reserves.waitingdate = CURRENT_DATE
ORDER BY
    itemcallnumber, author, title

This should be fairly close to the order that items would be in after
sorting for shelving (if you use a different order for shelving, you can
adjust the query accordingly), so it would be fairly quick to identify
which items need to be pulled from the shelving cart.

If you have the ReturnLog system preference set to LOG, the action_logs
table contains a 'user' column that you could use to identify returns by
the SIP user associated with the self check machine, which you could use to
narrow the report above.

--Barton