[Koha] Enabling self checkout during patron import

Katrin Fischer Katrin.Fischer.83 at web.de
Thu Oct 20 08:54:09 NZDT 2016

Am 19.10.2016 um 09:12 schrieb Krishna K:
> Hi,
>
> As part of Koha implementation, I would like to import patrons from the
> current library s/w we are using. We plan to enable self checkout feature
> for all patrons. I am aware of how to enable self checkout from the screen
> for each patron. Is there a way by which I can specify self checkout to be
> enabled for all patrons at the time of import or after importing at the
> patron category level or using some script ?

Hi Krishna,

the 'self_checkout' permission is not needed by the normal patrons, it's
meant for your self checkout librarian user that you can use in
combination with the PatronSelfCheckID and PatronSelfCheckPass
systempreferences.

Normal users don't need any permissions in order to be able to use the
self checkout functionality.

Hope that helps,

Katrin