[Koha] Field 773 $t not editable in any framework

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Sat Nov 19 04:40:15 NZDT 2016

Hi Paul

>> I also tried to unload the framework as an XML file and to edit it
>> with vi - unfortunately the file has about 4.4 million characters in
>> only 28 lines! vi seems not to be able to edit a file with such
>> extremely long lines and just gets stuck, eating up 100% of cpu.
>
> A bit of-topic for Koha, this used to be a problem years ago -- but [at
> least] 64-bit vim should open it OK.

Maybe, but I use 64-bit vim and isn't it a bit unusual having such
extremely long lines in an exported file? I would prefer a more
structured file with more lines that are editable more easily (if ever
needed).

>> How to solve this? Is this a bug?
>
> For your 773$t, what do you get if you run a "report" (replace xxx with
> your framework code):
>
> SELECT tagsubfield, hidden FROM marc_subfield_structure where
> frameworkcode='xxx' and tagfield=773;

In the meantime I was already able to change the XML file using vi, so
the output is this, as expected, and this is working:

mysql> SELECT tagsubfield, hidden FROM marc_subfield_structure where
frameworkcode='SVK' and tagfield=773;
+-------------+--------+
| tagsubfield | hidden |
+-------------+--------+
| 0           |     -6 |
| 3           |     -6 |
| 4           |     -6 |
| 6           |     -6 |
| 7           |     -6 |
| 8           |     -6 |
| 9           |     -6 |
| a           |     -6 |
| b           |     -6 |
| d           |     -6 |
| g           |     -6 |
| h           |     -6 |
| i           |     -6 |
| k           |     -6 |
| m           |     -6 |
| n           |     -6 |
| o           |     -6 |
| p           |     -6 |
| q           |     -6 |
| r           |     -6 |
| s           |     -6 |
| t           |      0 |
| u           |     -6 |
| w           |      0 |
| x           |     -6 |
| y           |     -6 |
| z           |     -6 |
+-------------+--------+
27 rows in set, 1 warning (0.01 sec)

As pointed out by Marjorie Barry-Vila it is actually a problem created
by the use of Adblock (which I love - Adblock, not the problem).

> We don't use 773, so "hidden" is set to -6; if the latest interface
> doesn't allow you to change that, you could of course "INSERT" it in
> mysql (Disclaimer: all things like "last resort", "backup", be careful,
> not in production, only if you're comfortable...)

I will however make notice of this, it is always good to know more about
the internal structure.

Best wishes: Michael