[Koha] Koha Community Marketing Initiative

Sebastian Hierl s.hierl at aarome.org
Sat Nov 19 02:12:10 NZDT 2016

Dear Nate and everyone,

The Koha Gruppo Italiano looks forward to participating.  In the past, we
have promoted Koha through:

• organizing numerous events and workshops, including conferences on topics
such as open source software in libraries; linked data; and hands-on Koha
workshops in Rome and beyond

• the distribution of informational flyers, gadgets, t-shirts and pens
during events and conferences

• our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/KohaGruppoItaliano/

• our home page (which will soon move to Wordpress):
http://www.kohagruppoitaliano.moonfruit.com/

• securing two grants from EBSCO for Koha development, including the
implementation of ElasticSearch in Koha and integration with YBP’s GOBI
platform, as well as the Italian union catalog, the Indice SBN.

We look forward to continuing these efforts together,

Stefano Bargioni, Pontifical University of the Holy Cross
Sebastian Hierl, American Academy in Rome
Juan Diego Ramirez, Pontifical University of the Holy Cross
Franziska Wallner, American University of Rome

--
Sebastian Hierl, Ph.D.
Drue Heinz Librarian, Arthur & Janet C. Ross Library

T: +39 06 5846 417
F: +39 06 5810 788