[Koha] Change in behavior after upgrade

Doug Dearden dearden at sarsf.org
Sat Nov 12 11:14:29 NZDT 2016

Hello all,

We recently upgraded from version 3.16.03.000 to 16.05.05.000 and I migrated to a new server at the same time.  We have three catalogs including one where we have scanned archival items.  The link to these items was then placed in the 856$u field and the electronic format in the 856$q field.  Typically this looks like 856$u  /directory1/directory2/foo.jpg  |  856$q jpg .  Somewhere along the line on the old system, the librarian cataloging these images found that she could put in the path to the file in 856$u as just /directory1/directory2/foo and put the mime extension in 856$q and the image would appear when the link was clicked on.  The actual file on the server is foo.jpg and there is no file just named foo .  After our migration and upgrade, this no longer works as before.  Since the old machine is still running, I verified that this was the case and indeed, a link on the old one that says /directory1/directory2/foo opens the scanned image.  The url in the browser address windows says /directory1/directory2/foo .  If I change the url to /directory1/directory2/foo.jpg the image also appears .  On the new machine things changed.  /directory1/directory2/foo returns the error "Not Found The requested URL /directory1/directory1/foo was not found on this server".  Changing the url to /directory1/directory2/foo.jpg fixes things and returns the image.

Did something change in Koha?  I am suspicious that this is an Apache or Linux thing, but am baffled why this even works on the old one without the complete file name.  I am thinking I need to write some SQL to append the 856$q text onto the 856$u to fix this, but if there is a config I need to change somewhere to get back to the old behavior that would be easiest.  I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks,

Doug Dearden, Director, IT
School for Advanced Research
PO Box 2188
Santa Fe, NM 87504-2188
505-954-7220
www.sarweb.org<http://www.sarweb.org>
[http://sarweb.org/media/files/sar_email_logo.png]
Advancing innovative social science research and promoting Native American creativity.
Expand your understanding of the human experience at www.sarweb.org<http://www.sarweb.org>.