[Koha] Migrating to new server and need help

Doug Dearden dearden at sarsf.org
Fri Nov 4 09:58:24 NZDT 2016

Hello all,

I am migrating to a new server and upgrading Koha at the same time.  I installed the latest stable release of Debian Jessie, and the latest version of Koha using the packages.  Using koha-restore <instance> I successfully migrated two instances.  I did have to fix the koha-conf.xml files along with the zebra config files to get things working right for dom indexing.  I am getting errors when trying to install the third and final instance.  I checked the edits in the config files, tried doing a koha-remove followed by another koha-restore, and followed that up with koha-create-dirs just to make sure I didn't miss anything.  I keep getting this error when I hit the staff client:
Software error:
not well-formed (invalid token) at line 34, column 5, byte 1422 at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.20/XML/Parser.pm line 187.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Output.pm line 33.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl line 24.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl line 24.

Here's the server info from one of the running instances:
Koha version:

16.05.05.000

OS version ('uname -a'):

Linux SAR122Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.36-1+deb8u2 (2016-10-19) x86_64

Perl interpreter:

/usr/bin/perl

Perl version:

5.020002

Perl @INC:

/usr/share/koha/lib
/etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.20.2
/usr/local/share/perl/5.20.2
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.20
/usr/share/perl5
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.20
/usr/share/perl/5.20
/usr/local/lib/site_perl
.

MySQL version:

mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.52, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 6.3

Apache version:

Server version: Apache/2.4.10 (Debian)

Zebra version:

Zebra 2.0.59 (C) 1994-2014, Index Data Zebra is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions. SHA1 ID: c00bfddbf0f3608340d61298acc61dafb167f9b2 Using ICU

Any  and all help appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug Dearden
Director, IT
School for Advanced Research
505-954-7220

The School for Advanced Research has supported innovative social science and Native American artistic creativity for more than a century. Since we began offering fellowships in 1972, we have funded the work of more than 345 SAR scholars and artists, among whose ranks are six MacArthur Fellows and eighteen Guggenheim Fellows. Please join us in Santa Fe for insightful lectures or a tour of the School's historic campus. You can also follow the work of our resident scholars and Native American artists on our website at www.sarsf.org<http://www.sarsf.org>.