[Koha] Clarification Regarding Security issue of Koha.

RakeshKumar Singh rakesh.s88 at nic.in
Thu Nov 3 00:15:47 NZDT 2016

Dear Sir,

Good morning Sir,
There are few security issue of koha on which we need some clarification and help in resolving .These issue are as below:

Issue No 1:  In our application , when we login a session is created and saved in cookies of the browser. when we try to open an restricted page of our application from different instance of same browser we are able to get the access as we have already logged in from same browser . As per my understanding this is happening because the session id is getting stored in cookies. this may be also because of sharing of Cookies value across different tabs of the same browser for the same application.
Requirement : What we want in our application is how to avoid sharing of cookies across same browsers or different browsers.

Issue No 2:  There is no Salted Password Mechanism in Koha as per our findings . When ever we login to the application the password can easily be tracked by any proxy as there is no salted mechanism implemented.

We are facing issue in the resolving these issues .

Request you to please help us in this .

thanks in advance.

--
Thanks & Regards