[Koha] Cannot start service apache 2

Johnstone Selemani jselemani at gmail.com
Tue May 31 19:27:01 NZST 2016

Dear All,

I am installing koha on ubuntu 12 using package installation. But I
cannot proceed to web installation because I am meeting the problems:

When starting: service apache2 restarty.conf the error below pops up.

Syntax error on line 5 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/library.conf:
Invalid command '<IfVersion', perhaps misspelled or defined by a
Action 'configtest' failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.
   ...fail!

Hence I cannot proceed to create instance name of my library. Your
assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Johnstone Y. Selemani
Chancellor College, University of Malawi