[Koha] Itemless records

Deb Vincent library at tggsacademy.org
Fri May 27 00:48:51 NZST 2016

Hi all
I have about 2000 bib records that I imported into Koha in the wrong
format when I first started. I cleaned them from the reservoir, but they
still appear when I do a catalogue search.
Is there any way I can stop them appearing? I have tried deleting in
batches by their record number, but the records still appear in the
catalogue. None of them have items attached - is there a way to delete
itemless records?
Or is there something I need to do after deleting them to update the
system?
Thanks for your help.
Deb Vincent