[Koha] UUID and Text:Bidi install

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Fri May 20 14:55:14 NZST 2016

> At 02:45 PM 5/19/2016 -0300, Tomas Cohen Arazi wrote:
>
>> Probably you are pulling from cpam some library versions that require
>> newer
>> Perl.
>> It is probable that 16.05 will officialy support Debian Jessie (and not
>> Wheezy), which includes Perl 5.20, so you should expect that older Perl
>> versions might not suit Koha's needs.
>>

> This might (maybe? possibly? not proven) be one of the reasons I have not
> yet been able to migrate Koha to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (which defaults to Perl
> 5.22). Has anyone else used Ubuntu 16.04?

Probably not. If you try installing koha-common on Ubuntu 16.04, you will
notice the dependencies are correctly calculated and installed using
system's packages. The problem Tom mentions, is not with Koha itself, but
with the dependencies.

OTOH, Ubuntu 16.04 ships MySQL 5.7 which is known to break the installer
and the upgrade script. BUT, those problems are being solved right now

Regards.

--
Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (http://theke.io)