[Koha] UUID and Text:Bidi install

Tom Hanstra hanstra at nd.edu
Fri May 20 03:16:39 NZST 2016

I'm working on an installation of Koha 3.22 on a new server. I don't have
access to Debian and need to install on a version of RHEL.

Most everything goes well, but I'm having a lot of trouble with two Perl
dependencies:

UUID
- Perl does not seem to be able to find the right dependencies necessary to
install the UUID module. The complaint is the following:

# Bailing out. Can't continue.
#
#   ** No interface found.
#
# It's likely the UUID prerequisite library isn't installed.

But no combination of packages and prerequisite libraries seem to get me
past this.  Does anyone have ideas?  And what will not work if I bypass
installing UUID?
--------------
Text::BIdi

My CPAN fully thinks Text::Bidi is up to date:

cpan install Text::Bidi
Reading '/root/.cpan/Metadata'
  Database was generated on Thu, 19 May 2016 09:53:48 GMT
Text::Bidi is up to date (2.11).

But the Koha install script says it is missing on upgrade. Why?  Where is
it looking for the current version that is different from where CPAN
installed it?

Any assistance with either of these would be helpful as I debug this.

--
*Tom Hanstra*
*Sr. Systems Administrator*
hanstra at nd.edu