[Koha] OPAC searches fail with ICU indexing enabled

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Wed May 18 13:46:40 NZST 2016

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your response. It’s very helpful!

As you say, the problem probably is in individual records in the results for "[χ.ό.]". Do you see the error in the OPAC immediately after searching, or is it on a certain page of results? If it’s on a certain page of results, we might be able to narrow down the problem further.

When using “show” in yaz-client, are you able to view every single record? You might try using “format xml” in yaz-client if you’re not already doing so, as that might help problems to surface.

How many records are in your Koha database overall? Depending on how technical you are, you might consider trying the MARC checker plugin ( <https://github.com/bywatersolutions/koha-plugin-marc-checker> https://github.com/bywatersolutions/koha-plugin-marc-checker), or writing your own script to iterate through all the MARCXML records in your database and try to create MARC::Record objects from them. If the problem is with the record itself, that’s a good way of discovering which one(s) are at fault.

If you’re having issues with results for "[χ.ό.]", it’s probably a safe assumption that there’s other problems with records in the database, so scanning all the records is probably a good idea. If you have a very large database, you can break it up into chunks using biblionumber.

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St