[Koha] Z39.50 search results accumulating in reservoir

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Sat May 7 01:19:09 NZST 2016

Hi,

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 8:54 PM, Elaine Bradtke <eb at efdss.org> wrote:
> Then I went to pull it up for editing, and ran a search for the title in
> the Cataloguing module.
> I was surprised when all the other titles that came up in the original
> z39.50 search showed up as being in the reservoir!
> Will these things continue to pile up in the reservoir? Do they drop off
> after a certain number has accumulated, or time has elapsed?  Is there a
> setting to switch it  off?

Indeed, they'll continue to accumulate. Chris might correct me if I'm
wrong, but I believe that caching of Z39.50 results in the reservoir
was added years ago to reduce usage of slow (and maybe even
fee-based?) Z39.50 targets; the idea is that one would search the
reservoir first, then use Z39.50 if a record couldn't be found.

The cleanup_database.pl database cronjob can be used to tidy up the
reservoir — use the --z3950 switch.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt