[Koha] Introduction and questions about defaults configuration

Peter Bradley peredur.net at gmail.com
Wed May 4 21:56:05 NZST 2016

First a thank you to all those who've responded.  Merging all the
replies I've managed to make some progress.

Because my setup is going to be a private one for the LAN, I'm using my
/etc/hosts file rather than DNS.  So, I've now added the following line
to my /etc/hosts file:

192.168.1.136 testlib.peredur.cym

The library name is the one used in koha-create and the domain
(peredur.cym) is the one set in my koha-sites.conf:

DOMAIN=".peredur.cym"

All the other values in that file have been left at their defaults.

Now if I go to testlib.peredur.cym I get a message saying that Koha is
undergoing maintenance, but if I go to testlib-intra.peredur.cym I still
get the "server not found" error message.  I imagine that this is
because the subdomain has not been set up properly.  Can anyone tell me
how I can set this up properly for Koha?

I'm on a brand new Debian 8 install with everything, including apache,
set up using the defaults.

Thanks again

Peter
--
Yn rhedeg 5k Caerdydd i Tomorrow's Generation
<http://tomorrowsgeneration.co.uk/>