[Koha] Koha outdated call number in Location field

Daniel Glendening danieljglendening at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 11:19:12 NZDT 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to convert our small library from an old outdated
call number system to Library of Congress.

I've run into a strange situation: when I change the call
number on a biblio record and item, for some reason
the item won't show up with a catalog search of that
 call number. Strangely, it WILL show up with a catalog
search of the OLD call number. Despite the old calll
number not being present in any MARC or item record
 fields, when i run a search query it show up in the
"Location" field, for example:

"1 Resource Room <i>Resource Room Stacks M.AE4.2006</i>

generic:
"1 Library Name<i>Location Old-callnumber</i>

Any idea why the new LCC call numbers are not searchable, or
 why this old call number won't go away?

Thank you!

Daniel