[Koha] Request to add a new support company

Radek Šiman radek.siman at centrum.cz
Wed Mar 23 22:18:34 NZDT 2016

Hi,

1) I know the history. Sorry, I couldn't find a better word than "a
clone", but I believe everybody understands the background.

2) No problem with accepted (not written) standards. For the future I'd
recommend to write them down, so the next providers have no problem with
it. This particular case will be discussed with the Czech community to
serve the paid service over accepted website. Would be
http://koha.rbit.cz accepted, for instance?

3) R-Bit Technology will surely pay nicely with the rules.

To answer the bugzilla question: there are no commits / patches from
R-Bit Technology in the official Koha repository yet. But they probably
will this year. We have the extensions and issues on github repository.
As I mentioned before, although it's koha related open-source code, it
applies to the Czech republic only. I think that Josef Moravec or Michal
Denar from the czech community can confirm the effort. For instance,
there are two SMS drivers written for Koha purposes only, but they are
not in CPAN yet.

Regards,
Radek Šiman