[Koha] Question about embedded "live search" links

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu Mar 10 06:55:07 NZDT 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Delawska-Elliott, Basia <
Barbara.Delawska-Elliott at providence.org> wrote:

> Thank you, Galen! A search link is permanent then? It doesn’t just resolve
> into a single session?

Correct.

> I’m not sure if I’m making sense with the way I’m wording this, but in an
> OPAC I used before, each search session had a unique incident URL that
> eventually expired. To created a permanent search that would relaunch every
> time someone clicked on it, the search had to be saved to the OPAC database
> to create a true permanent link.
>

> So just confirming, this would not be necessary with Koha?

Indeed -- I know what you mean about some ILSes requriing OPAC sessions and
not readily supporting search permalinks, and I can confirm that Koha
doesn't have that limitation.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt