[Koha] Notes on Self Checkout

Aparrish cspsyntech at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 06:15:27 NZDT 2016

Christopher - good point, I need to explain that further.

I'm working for a library with peculiar requirements - they have had a paper
checkout on the honor system for years, and they simply want to replace the
clipboard with a digital catalog. The operation goal is thus to be able to
self-check books in and out on the computer without anything *necessarily*
moving around in physical space. As far as things getting lost goes, I have
it set up to display the name of the person who checked the book out on the
OPAC record. It's a small department, and everyone is satisfied with having
the name so they can go hunt the book down themselves. I don't expect a lot
on this point because I know how far it is outside the normal Koha
expectations, just thought I'd put it up while I was typing. Thanks for the
clarification.